God willing, this summer I will be serving at Mission of Hope Haiti as a medical intern from June-August. Mission of Hope Haiti is an incredible organization that is transforming lives in Haiti for Christ. They are well established and have been in Haiti since 1998. They have a full on orphanage, school (k-12), medical clinic, and church. They educate over 2,500 kids. They feed over 50,000 people each day! They see over 200 people in their clinic daily. They are in the process of building a hospital. They are also building recreation centers for the kids: an indoor gym with a basketball court and a hockey rink. They are doing incredible work.
I feel blessed to have the opportunity to work with them. I am almost done with nursing school and will be an RN soon. Rural community health and emergency medical settings really interest me at this point so I am eager to see how my passion grows and changes as I will experience a little bit of everything this summer. This opportunity encompasses all I have ever dreamed of doing!!! My heart bursts for Haiti. There is so much need. I know it will be an incredibly challenging and stretching time for me as a person on every kind of level but over all I am beyond excited! In order for this to become reality I will need to raise about $3,000. God is good, and if it is in his will he will make a way. As I stand on the edge of this new adventure I really don't know what to expect. 97 days and counting....but who's counting?;) haha!
I'm excited to see what I will learn and how God will challenge me, He is so good. Always.
...Haiti is on the Horizon.
If you are interested in donating you can do so by donating online via credit card on the give forward link posted! Click here: To Donate to my Haiti Internship

No comments:
Post a Comment