Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Let it Rain!

"The clouds poured down rain; the thunder rumbled in the sky.  Your arrows of lightening flashed.  Your thunder roared up from the whirlwind; the lightening lit up the world!  The earth trembled and shook."-Psalm 77:17-18

My hair is still sopping wet.  My heart is still smiling.  The biggest thunder and lightening storm I've seen yet.  Rain pounded so hard I thought it would tear right through the ceiling.  My friend Erica and I caught a glance and just like that we dashed outside into the storm, climbed a ladder, and danced in the rain on the roof.  We awed at the flashes of lightening as they dashed across the sky above Port Au Prince.  What mighty power!  A few times we spastically flung to one another as the thunder thundered so loud you could feel it in your bones, like a ghetto bass.

I stood there, atop the roof marveling.  Marveling at the power and beauty of the Lord.  Marveling of all He has done so that I'd be here...not only in Haiti, but where I am in my heart.  He has done so much.  A healthy reverence for His majesty and might overwhelmed me again and again with each lightening strike.   The rain drops are like his love.  You can't escape it.  I never want to.  Storms have come and they will always will...but I am not afraid.  I am not afraid of the storms because they are always saturated with purpose and promise.  The rain is always refreshing, birthing new life.  What a beautiful God...He can use anything for His glory!  Let it rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment